Holiday Decor in my home this Christmas

Well the tree is up, the stockings hung and the decorating is finished. Now I can sit back and relax. Well not exactly. I am trying to get the 2011 project list cleared off by the end of the year so that I can start with a new clean page in January! Wanted to give you a peek of some of my holiday decor and decorating ideas in my home and hopefully provide some inspiration for your holiday decorating this year.

 I bought these placemats at an after Christmas sale at Target a few years back for about $1.00  a piece. With my kids, placemats placed under my glass top,seem to last the season, without the glass top, maybe a day. I placed a large glass hurricane jar with red faux apples and a white candle. On the chairs, I made red santa hats out of red and white felt. See very top photo in this post for a view of the back of the Santa hats.
I was inspired by this next idea by the "JOY" plates that I saw at the The House of Smith Shop. I thought  holiday lettering on some plates would look festive and fun. I used red silhouette vinyl that I ordered from Expressions Vinyl and cut the letters out on my silhouette machine and applied to the plates. What's so terrific about this idea is that you can throw up some whimsical saying any time of the year and take it down when you want.
In this glass hurricane jar, I placed faux apples and cranberries on the bottom and put a white vase in the center with white faux berries. I like how the red and white work together.

 This year only our tree was new, and unfortunately the needles are starting to fall. Everything I decorated with were things that I have had, re purposed or dusted off.  So, whether you use what you already have and mix it up a bit or do what you have always done, it doesn't matter as long as you enjoy the beauty of what you have created this holiday season.


No comments:

Post a Comment